TropicanaCasino.com is the product of Tropicana Casino & Resort in Atlantic City and UK online gaming operator Gamesys. It is one of two regulated NJ online gambling sites operating under the Tropicana license, the other being VirginCasino.com.
The casino launched in November 2013 as part of the first wave of sites in New Jersey. It only offers online casino games, having never ventured into online poker.
The combination of a strong brand, a serviceable game library, and a stellar casino platform have proven a winning formula for Trop, evidenced by its ability to attract as many, if not more, real-money players as New Jersey’s other heavy hitters, such as the Borgata and Caesars.
Much like sister site Virgin Casino, Tropicana offers a unique twist on the typical NJ online casino welcome bonus.
Instead of the usual matched deposit bonus, however, Tropicana gives players a loss rebate up to $100. A minimum deposit of $10 is required to claim this offer.
|Online Casino||Tropicana NJ Online Casino|
|No Deposit Bonus||$20|
|Bonus Offer||loss rebate up to $100|
|Last Updated||August 31, 2019|
Learn more about the opening bonuses at Tropicana online casino below.
New players receive a free $20 in the form of bonus dollars upon successfully registering an account.
Once you wager these funds at least one time on any games present on the site they can be withdrawn. Players have 30 days to play through the bonus, after which time the offer expires.
This is an exclusive bonus – you must use the link and code above.
Tropicana does not offer the standard first deposit bonus that other New Jersey sites do. Instead, it offers a loss rebate up to $100.
This offer includes all games. The only caveat is that you must deposit a minimum of $10 to qualify.
You do not need a promotional code to qualify for this offer at Tropicana as it’s a standard opening promotion available to all new accounts.
PlayNJ exclusive Tropicana Online Casino bonus offer – New players who follow our links or use TropicanaCasino.com promo code PLAY20 will receive $20 for free, no deposit necessary!
At $20, Tropicana’s no deposit offer is better than average in New Jersey, with the best aspect being that players are only subject to a one-time wagering requirement on any game.
The casino’s welcome offer is unconventional, functioning more as a second chance bonus than a traditional cashback deal.
On the plus side, there are no exhaustive wagering requirements or restrictive timelines. However, some players may balk at both the low bonus cap of a loss rebate up to $100 and the fact that players who turn a profit in their first week won’t receive an added nickel.
Still, there’s little denying the appeal to casual gamblers, most of whom will preference a loss rebate up to $100 “freeroll” over a match bonus that they’re unlikely to ever clear.
– Game Day Bonus (September 3-5): wager at least $50 on any games daily and earn 15%-20% Playback bonus worth up to $75.
– Labor Day Cook Out (August 30 – September 2): bet at least $50 to participate in the Tuesday sweepstakes and win up to $500 in bonus cash.
– Suite Destination (August 26 – September 2): bet at least $50 to qualify for the promotional prize draw and win a free stay at the AC Tropicana.
Although there are no set wagering or depositing requirements, it is assumed that only high volume players can get an invitation to TropicanaCasino.com’s VIP program.
Tropicana converges its Atlantic City casino with its gaming sites. This gives players the ability to play online in the comfort of their own home while earning Trop AdvantageComps and Tier Points for use at the Tropicana in Atlantic City.
Convert comps earned online into luxurious hotel nights and meals. You can also earn sports and show tickets. And by increasing their brick and mortar Advantage tier, players will earn a bevy of exclusive offers, such as cruises, annual stays in Las Vegas and free or reduced admission to nightclubs.
The highest volume players will also receive a VIP host, just like in a live casino.
The primary benefits of becoming a VIP are exclusive email and phone offers, including but not limited to:
Players who register a Tropicana account are automatically enrolled in the casino’s Trop Points rewards program.
Here’s how it works:
In order to receive $1 in Bonus Money, players must either cycle through $4,000 on slots or $10,000 at the tables. That equates to, at most, a .025 percent cashback deal – which by all accounts, is virtually negligible.
Worse yet, players that fail to earn at least 1 Trop Point during a 90-day stretch will forgo their Trop Point balance.
That being said, Tropicana Casino does offer its fair share of cashback promotions, through which players can earn real returns on their investments.
One of the most pleasant surprises in the New Jersey online casino market has been the Tropicana. A big part of that success is due to its stellar online casino software.
As of mid-2016, the online casino has generated over $71.4 million in gross gaming revenue. That ranks second among all casino operators, with only the partnership of the Borgata and Party NJ raking in more ($79.6 million)
Gamesys’ Tropicana Casino proprietary casino software is the same platform powering VirginCasino.com. Similar iterations of the client can be found on some of the Gamesys’ UK-based gaming sites, including CaesarsCasino.co.uk.
There are a couple of different ways in which New Jersey players can access the TropicanaCasino.com client:
Tropicana’s iOS and Android casino apps are quite robust, but not without their flaws.
All of the same cashiering functionality found on the casino’s main page is accessible via the app. Players can also view their history, site promotions and available Trop Points from the mobile interface.
Of course, all of this means very little unless players are able to maintain stable connections. Fortunately, in this regard, Tropicana’s casino app excels.
Players that enable GPS, WiFi and/or 4G functionality prior to launch should not experience much in the way of server disconnects or other geolocation-related maladies. However, it isn’t completely uncommon for a game a stall mid-hand (or spin), resulting in the minor inconvenience of having to reload the game.
This wouldn’t be so bad if the games (and account management features) themselves weren’t subject to prolonged load times – but they often are.
Unfortunately, slowdown and occasional freezes aren’t the app’s more glaring drawback. That distinction belongs to the game library or lack thereof. Currently, the mobile software only offers eighteen virtual slot terminal, four video poker machines, blackjack, and roulette. That’s a far cry from the number of available game offerings found on the main page.
These and other minor gripes aside, the Tropicana’s online casino app is just a few dozen added games and a couple of optimization tweaks away from being one of better ones in New Jersey.
One hundred virtual slot terminals, 13 table games, and four video poker offerings adorn Tropicana Casino’s lobby, more than enough to satiate the gambling urges of most players.
That said, the casino’s slot library is growing at a slower pace compared to the rest of the industry, many of whom boast sites with close to 200 virtual terminals.
By contrast, the Tropicana’s table game selection is nothing short of stellar, boasting a balanced array of blackjack games, roulette and carnival games – some of which are difficult to find online.
Tropicana spreads six video poker games. Three of the four single-line machines return more than 99 percent, while one (Double Double Bonus Poker) falls just short at 98.98 percent.
As for the triple and five play terminals, they offer some of the highest payback percentages in the market, and anywhere online for that matter.
For instance, Deuces Wild adheres to the Not-So-Ugly-Deuces paytable (16 coins for 5 of a kind and 10 for a straight flush), making it a 99.73 percent payback machine. Deuces Wild Bonus is nearly as favorable at 99.45 percent, as is the highly volatile Triple Double Bonus (99.58 percent), which pays out 800 coins for four Aces with a kicker (2-4).
Tropicana’s video poker selections are:
Another perk of playing VP on Tropicana Casino is that the games pay out 800 coins for a Royal Flush regardless of the size of the bet. Brick and mortar casinos typically require gamblers to pump in five coins a spin for the chance at a max payout.
There are five blackjack games at Tropicana Casino.
Atlantic City blackjack offers liberal rules where players can double down on any two cards and after splitting. You can surrender and re-split. The dealer stays on all 17’s.
There is also a single deck game that pays 3-2 on a natural. The dealer stays on all 17’s. Additionally, you can double down on 9, 10, and 11 only.
The same game exists as a multi-hand variant. Both it and the single deck version of the game use the European hole card rule where the dealer does not peek for blackjack until the player has acted.
Vegas Downtown blackjack is nearly the same as Atlantic City blackjack, except that the dealer hits on soft 17 and surrender is not available. On the plus side, games deal from a two-deck shoe. Vegas Strip blackjack is a four-deck game where the dealer stands on soft 17 – otherwise, it plays the same as its Downtown counterpart.
Tropicana offers 100 slot titles. These are all penny slots with bonus rounds and free spins.
While Tropicana used to be one of the go-to casinos for exclusive slot titles, that time has seemingly passed. The casino’s slot library is now smaller than what’s found on the majority of NJ iGaming sites.
That said, casual and budget gamblers need to know that many of the casino’s terminals only require a monetary investment of $0.25 or less per spin.
Featured titles available on the Tropicana platform include:
Table game aficionados should have no problem finding scratching their itch at Tropicana Casino, as the operator offers one of the more diversified selections of green felt games in the market.
There are two roulette games. One, High Stakes Roulette, offers a single zero wheel at the cost of a $10 minimum wager. American Roulette is similar, except the minimum wager is significantly smaller and there are two zeroes featured on the wheel.
If you can afford the High Stakes variant, go for it, as the house edge is just 2.7 percent versus a nearly 5.3 percent disadvantage for the double zero game.
Other table games include Baccarat, Pai Gow Poker. Keno, Fortune Teller Keno, and Hi-Lo. The latter is a good gateway game to gambling, as the rules are exceedingly straightforward. Simply bet on whether you think the next dealt card is going to be higher or lower than the up card. Odds are offered based on the likelihood of the next card coming out high or low.
90 Ball Bingo is the latest game to hit the casino lobby. Free games are available every 30 minutes, while other games require a $1, $2 or $5 buy-in. Each game features multiple winning patterns, a Super Jackpot, and community chat. Bad news is, the payback rate for this game is on the low side.
Cashiering on Tropicana’s online casino is a relatively pain-free process, thanks to the site’s wide and varied palette of depositing and withdrawal methods and quick transfer times.
Deposit methods include:
Visa and MasterCard deposits are subject to high rejection rates and are not highly recommended at this time. New credit card codes for legal online gambling have alleviated the issue somewhat, but not entirely.
Available withdrawal methods vary based on how funds were initially loaded into an account.
For instance, players that use ACH to deposit can only withdraw funds via ACH, check or the Tropicana Casino cage. The same goes for credit and debit card users, as money cannot be withdrawn to a card.
Skrill and Neteller users are only able to withdraw money back to their respective third-party account.
The good news is that most withdrawals take fewer than three business days to process, the sole exception being physical checks, which may not hit mailboxes until 7-10 days after the request.
Tropicana’s customer support team can be contacted via Live Chat (24/7), phone or email.
Players looking for a quick response to their inquiry are advised to contact Tropicana casino directly via Live Chat or telephone, as turnaround times on email queries are generally on the slow side – one to two days, longer on weekends.
Live Chat personnel is equipped to handle most basic questions, such as those related to current promotions, cashiering, game selection and registration.
Phone reps, while a little rough around the edges are courteous, responsive and a bit more informative. Wait times are generally no longer than a few minutes, even during prime time hours, although advanced questions often require being put on hold.
All Tropicana casino customer support departments are housed in New Jersey.
– Baywatch: if you’ve missed the guys and gals from Baywatch, this slot gives you a perfect opportunity to meet them again. This Playtech slot comes with five reels, twenty lines, a Rescue Feature Bonus, and Free Spins.
– The Wild Life: every spin can result in a massive payout in this five-reel game thanks to expanding wilds. If you’re hunting for even bigger wins, the free spins bonus round is guaranteed to sate your appetite.
– Triple Cash Wheel: with three sets of reels, this isn’t a simple fruit machine! Expect wilds, scatter symbols and free spins in this triple dose of old-school goodness from SG Gaming.
– Epic Monopoly: 5 reels, 100 lines. A bonus round, instant play, free spins and 2016 visuals straight from Williams Interactive and SG Gaming. With a classic theme and great production values, this slot is guaranteed to deliver.
– Winstones: a Jurassic period-themed slot from Genesis Gaming. Included are symbols such as dinosaur policemen, mammoths, and suspiciously modern neanderthals. Players can choose to activate one, five, 10 or 25 (the maximum) paylines at the start of each spin. The mammoth is the Scatter, appears on any reel, and awards free spins with bet multipliers.
– Blood Suckers 2 transports players to a world of vampires, silver-tipped bolts, and seemingly abandoned castles. Symbols include count Dracula and multiple vampires, as well as card colors. The family coat of arms symbol is Wild, and the red rose symbol is the Scatter, three of which will trigger a bonus spins round with a win multiplier.
– The Legend of Shangri-La is a much-needed breath of fresh air in the online slots world. NetEnt’s new title does away with standard paylines, introducing in its place what is called a “cluster mechanism.” Essentially, players complete winning combinations by landing at least nine of the same symbol vertically or horizontally adjacent to one another. Graphics and animations are pristine and do an exceptional job of keeping players immersed in the game’s Asian world, which includes symbols like meditating animals, fireflies, and lucky fish. Bonus rounds with free spins are activated when at least three “free spin” symbols appear on the reels. An excellent game, well worth checking out.
– Queen of the Tree Folk: a beautifully designed slot game that’s bound to instantly attract attention, thanks to its stunning graphics and engaging background music. Unfortunately, the game offers no particularly interesting features beyond free spins and win multipliers. Symbols include everything you’d expect from a fantasy story, including Elves, ancient trees, Ents, and spotted deer. Up to 15 free spins and a x10 win multiplier can be triggered by landing the correct Bonus symbol combination.