Other Popular Slot Games
What better time to review the Guns N’ Roses slot than just a week or so after their huge reunion gig in Las Vegas? You can play this rocking slot right now at the Golden Nugget Casino in New Jersey.
Overview: Guns N’ Roses
The Guns N’ Roses slot machine is a tribute to the legendary rock band of the late ’80s and ’90s that has now reformed for the first time in many years. Most slots are about the game with incidental sound effects, but as you would expect from a music-inspired slot, this slot is also all about the music, and in particular the classic Guns N’ Roses songs on the set list that accompany your play.
You can get the reels spinning on this 5×3 reel, 20 payline slot from as little as $0.20, but you can ramp that up to $200 per spin. The game play is also hugely entertaining with a mass of features triggered at various points in the game, which keep you spinning at the reels.
Who will the Guns N’ Roses slot appeal to?
However, the nature of the slot and its subject matter mean that as a keen slots player you will enjoy the game on its own merits and features, but as a fan of Guns N’ Roses and slots, you will absolutely love this slot.
The soundtrack alone will be enough to keep many people spinning.
The fact that you get regular smaller wins, with the occasional bigger win, means that this is a slot that is low to medium variance and that keeps the balance topped up nicely.
However, those New Jersey online casino fans who are big jackpot hunters won’t find anything here to entice them with a relatively low jackpot available of 2,000 coins.
Gameplay: Guns N’ Roses
We’ve already mentioned how the shredding soundtrack to the slot lifts this above average. When you combine that with gameplay that is genuinely brim-packed full with features and which captures the energy of a Guns N’ Roses gig, then you have the recipe for a very special slot indeed.
The base game is enjoyable enough with the music playing in the background and regular smaller wins (and the occasional bigger win) helps keep the balance topped up. There’s the usual playing card lows and a number of Guns N’ Roses themed high symbols including members of the band as well as covers of their most famous albums.
Wild symbols can expand across the reel when landed to fill the reel and hopefully create more winning paylines. Again this gives an added depth to the base game and the fact that these symbols hit relatively frequently keeps you interested.
However, it is the huge amount of special features in the slot which really marks Guns N’ Roses as a slot that you will want to play time and time again.
Special features: Guns N’ Roses
A random feature that can be triggered on any base game spin. When activated the user receives three free spins, with one or two reels stacked with Wild symbols. On the first spin, Reel 3 is the Stacked Wild, on the second spin it is Reels 1 and 5 that are Stacked Wilds and on the final Spin Reels 2 and 4 are Stacked Wilds.
Appetite for Destruction Wilds
Another randomly triggered feature where the iconic Appetite for Destruction cross symbol appears on the reels as a wild, it can appear in full or partially across the reels turning all symbols it covers Wild.
Another base game randomly triggered feature which when a payline is hit, can randomly trigger a multiplier bonus of between 4x and 10x the usual payline amount.
Bonus Symbol Features
If you land the Bonus symbol on reels 1, 3 and 5 simultaneously on a spin, you trigger the Bonus Symbol feature. This is one of three games that is selected randomly.
Encore Free Spins, which gives you 10 free spins during which a Guns N’ Roses band member symbol will appear on the reel as a Stacked Wild on every spin. A Pick and Click game called Crowd Pleaser where you can work your way through 8 picks to see how much you can win and lastly a Coin Win which rewards you with a nice payout.
- Presentation – The visuals and music on the slot are absolutely top class. I have not come across a slot that has been so appealing on this level alone. The Set List will have Guns N’ Roses fans purring with delight at the instantly recognizable classics that the slot is set to.
- Features – The fact that this slot offers a huge amount of features, many of which can be triggered in the base game, plus many others accessed through the Bonus symbol, means it has huge longevity and appeal.
- Regular Wins – The fact that this is a slot that doesn’t offer a massive jackpot means that winning is a regular occurrence on the slot and you can find that a session on the Guns N’ Roses slot isn’t as expensive as you first thought it would me.
- Taste – In short, if you don’t like Guns N’ Roses or heavy rock music, then you may struggle with this slot. It is loud and in your face. It’s very much a case of Marmite, some will love it, some will hate it.
- No big jackpot – The lack of a significant jackpot prize will probably deter many people that prefer games with much larger jackpots from giving it a try.
- Coin Win Bonus feature – If you land the Coin Win bonus, then this is a tad disappointing having triggered the Bonus round in the base game. This is a feature that the game could have done away with as the other two bonuses are much more appealing.
- Graphics & soundtrack 5/5 – If we could give the game ten out of five we would. This slot is like the band, big, brash, loud and immense fun. Few slots have come close to being this well-presented.
- Originality & creativity 4.5/5 – The fact that the slot is packed with so many features, especially features that can be triggered frequently in the base game, makes it hugely original not to mention fun to play.
- Play value 3.5/5 – This is a medium to low variance slot that pays out regular wins, however a little too many wins are less than the original bet, which just knocks off half a mark. We think a win should return at least your stake on most occasions.
- Jackpot potential 1/5 – The only really disappointing aspect of this slot is that it doesn’t have a huge jackpot to chase and is most definitely a game for players that like smaller wins more often.
- Repeat play 4/5 – Without doubt the number of features, regular wins and absolutely stunning visuals and soundtrack will have slot fans coming back to play Guns N’ Roses slot time and time again.
Total score: 18/25
The Guns N’ Roses slot is everything that slot fans and Guns N’ Roses fans hoped it would be. From the thundering soundtrack, to the masses of features and bonuses and regular wins, it is a fantastically enjoyable game and one that medium to low variance slot fans will absolutely love.
Image credit: Nikola Spasenoski / Shutterstock.com