The Borgata (BorgataCasino.com), widely considered the crown jewel of Atlantic City casinos, has teamed up with iGaming powerhouse Bwin.Party to bring online casino gambling to New Jersey.
BorgataCasino.com is one of the leading online casino sites in New Jersey. Players like the broad game selection, the generous welcome bonus, and the ability to earn crossover rewards that can be redeemed at the Borgata in Atlantic City.
Play more games at lower limits on your own time at Borgata’s online casino.
|Online Casino||Borgata Online Casino|
|No Deposit Bonus||$20|
|Bonus Offer||100% up to $600|
|Last Updated||September 3, 2019|
New players to Borgata’s online casino can get $20 free in casino chips with bonus code PLAYNJ by registering their first account. The free play you get via this promotion is similar to the free play a land-based casino might offer at slots or table games.
There is also a 100% up to $600 first deposit bonus. This must be wagered ten times before submitting a withdrawal request. Slots are the only games that may be played to clear the $20 no deposit bonus, while the first deposit bonus can be cleared through any game. No Borgata casino bonus code is necessary for this bonus.
You must opt-in to accept the no-deposit promotion, including agreeing to the terms and conditions. Any deposits will be held until the conditions of the bonus are met.
Read on for a complete review of the terms and conditions associated with the bonus code promotion at Borgata, the Borgata casino software and the lineup of games available at Borgata’s legal and licensed online casino.
$20 free, subject to a 1x wagering requirement.
Despite its low cap and bevy of caveats (more on that later), the Borgata’s first-time deposit bonus is among New Jersey’s most attractive, if only because it’s one of the few that’s actually attainable.
In order to unlock the no-deposit bonus, players will be required to wager the amount of the bonus, and nothing more. It’s a break-even proposition, at worst. Compare this to other casinos, which generally offer higher caps but structure their welcome bonus so that most players will never be able to withdraw an added dime.
Additionally, the $20 “no deposit” bonus is among the largest free bonuses offered by any site. Please use Borgata’s bonus code PLAYNJ when signing up.
As for the caveats, players will only have 14 days from the time they open an account to take advantage of both promotions, followed by another 14 days to complete the wagering requirements.
Furthermore, only play on slots, classic slots and progressive slots will be counted towards the wagering requirement of the $20 bonus. This stipulation diminishes the value of the bonus slightly, as slots generally possess lower payout rates than table games or video poker, but it’s hardly a game-breaker.
– Play & Earn (September 3-24): play games, earn iRewards Points, and earn up to $100 in bonus cash.
– Multiplier Monday (September 2-30): opt in and play Astro Cat to earn 2X iRewards Points.
– Saturdays in the Park (September 1-29): opt in, earn 5 VIP points, and earn a click card worth up to $1,000
Borgata’s online VIP scheme in entitled iRewards, and is a multi-tiered program where active players can achieve higher rewards levels. In order to increase their loyalty level, players must meet monthly and quarterly point thresholds.
Listed below are the five different tiers of the iRewards Programs, along with information pertaining to each:
Players earn 1 iRP by wagering the following amounts on their favorite games:
Achieving Black Label Elite is accomplished by wagering $150,000 on slots or up to $1.125 mm on other games, in one quarter. While that may seem like a lofty figure, regular depositors will find it somewhat attainable.
With regards to perks, players that obtain higher loyalty ranks will be able to exchange their iRPs at more favorable rates.
Here is a glance at cashback conversion rates* for each tier in the iRewards program:
*Projections based on slot play. Table game and video poker rates will be lower.
**Casino bonuses are subject to a 1x wagering requirement.
Compared to other online casino VIP programs in New Jersey, the Borgata ranks above average in value and near the top with regards to redemption options.
Since launching in November 2013, New Jersey’s premier online gaming partnership has become a mainstay atop the industry revenue charts, posting a more than $45 mm win in 2015, nearly $33 million of which was from casino gaming.
Borgata utilizes the same casino platform as its network partner PartyPoker NJ.
The Borgata’s online casino mobile app is, at best, a watered-down version of its flagship product.
Out of the 85+ games available from the desktop client, only 20 have made their way to mobile devices. Mainstays such as blackjack, roulette, and video poker are present in the game lobby, as is at least one jackpot slot terminal, but overall, the selection is lacking.
On a more positive note, I had little trouble maintaining a stable connection via both WiFi and 4G functionality. However, minor hangups, slow initializing times and frustrating UIs make for a less-than-fluid gaming experiencing.
Players can access the cashier from both the main lobby and via the game interface. But for whatever reason, the Borgata neglected to implement features that allow players to view their rewards points or redeem their points from mobile devices. Strange.
Given this, it’s difficult to wholeheartedly recommend the Borgata’s mobile offering, although, for those hunkering for action and not within proximity of a desktop or laptop, I suppose it will do.
The Borgata online casino mobile app is available for Android and iOS-powered devices. Read more about NJ online casino mobile apps.
The BorgataCasino.com lobby is comprised of 74 virtual slot terminals (including seven progressive jackpot slots), 11 table games, and four video poker terminals.
Slot junkies will appreciate the casino’s vast collection of network exclusive virtual terminals. The site’s table game selection is not nearly as diverse, limited to roulette, craps, Texas Hold’em Bonus Poker and several variations of blackjack.
Borgata offers eight different blackjack games. There is some overlap between the games.
For example, there are two micro limit games with the same rules. One is $.10, while the other is $.25. These micro limit blackjack games pay 6-5 on a natural unless it is suited, then it pays 2-1.
Players may double on any two cards and after splitting. A five+ card 21 pays 2-1, while 777 pays 3-1. Split aces may be hit in these micro limit blackjack games.
Multihand Blackjack offers five betting circles. Players may double any two cards and after splitting. The dealer hits soft 17.
There is also a Pro version with higher limits. A single player version offers the same rules. Vegas Blackjack stays on all 17’s with the same rules.
Single Deck Blackjack pays 3-2 on blackjack but only allows double down on 9, 10, and 11. The dealer hits soft 17. Sidebet Blackjack offers five separate side betting options for those hoping to hit a blackjack jackpot.
Borgata offers two roulette games:
These are the video poker games available at Borgata Casino:
All Game King versions are distributed by IGT. Regal games are powered by Amaya Gaming.
Craps and Texas Hold’em Bonus Poker are the only two table games not related to blackjack or roulette at Borgata.
Borgata offers more than 1000 slot titles. Many are the same ones that you will find on its Atlantic City casino floor.
Favorites like Cats, Cleopatra, Coyote Moon, Double Diamond, Ghostbusters, Kitty Glitter, Monopoly, and Star Trek are among the popular titles.
Exclusive slots available on the Borgata platform include:
The Borgata’s online casino features one of the most diversified cashiers in the US regulated gaming market.
Instant e-checks and online banking transfers are the most reliable and affordable means of funding an account, but for those experiencing high rejection rates or who do not possess a checking account, Neteller, Skrill, and other available third-party payment processors are viable alternatives.
Visa and MasterCard are also options, although at the present time credit card transaction acceptance rates are mediocre. This is likely to change as new MCC codes are introduced.
As far as withdrawal options, players may procure their funds via ACH, the Borgata prepaid card, Neteller, Skrill, cash at the cage or a check by mail.
Although players are free to choose their withdrawal option, the Borgata exercises the right to pay out funds, up to the amount of the player deposit, to credit/debit cards or virtual payment accounts first.
Borgata’s customer service team can be contacted via email and phone.
General email inquiries are typically responded to within one business day and are ripe with useful information and links.
The most difficult questions are best left to the team’s phone reps. That’s not to say they’re necessarily equipped to answer all player inquiries, but they’ll at least listen attentively, and if they can’t answer a question, they’ll generally direct you to someone who can.
Borgata’s customer service team is not located in New Jersey.
The Borgata wasted little time securing an Internet gaming partner.
Mere months after Gov. Christie inked a bill that legalized online gambling in New Jersey, Atlantic City’s premier destination casino/resort aligned with PartyPoker NJ to introduce regulated iGaming to the Garden State. For Party, the partnership marked a return to US soil following a seven-year absence in the wake of the UIGEA.
In early-October 2013, news broke that the Borgata was the first casino to receive an Internet gaming permit from the NJ Division of Gaming Enforcement.
Six weeks later, on November 21, 2013, BorgataCasino.com opened its virtual doors to the New Jersey masses. After a successful five-day trial run, it officially became part of the first wave of legal online casinos in New Jersey.
Borgata and its partner partypoker came out firing when New Jersey’s online gambling industry launched in late November of 2013. One of the first announcements made by any of the state’s new iGaming sites was Borgata/Party announcing they would host a $50k guaranteed online poker tournament every Sunday.
This was a pretty bold move considering Ultimate Poker was offering a $20k Guarantee, the big tournament at 888 boasted a $10k guaranteed, and WSOP.com a $25k Guarantee.
Borgata and partypoker were also among the biggest spenders when it came to internet, TV, and other advertising.
On the innovation side, Borgata/party did a massive million-dollar cross-promotion called New Jersey’s Next Poker Millionaire, a combination online and live tournament with a first-place prize-package valued at over $1 million.
Another big accomplishment the company can take credit for was a multi-year deal between its iGaming partner partypoker, and the Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Devils, and the Prudential Center.
While common in Europe, this was the first partnership between an online gaming site and U.S. sports teams.
It’s no longer a Trump property or Tropicana that comes to mind when people bring up Atlantic City casinos, it’s the Borgata. Right now Borgata is the king of Atlantic City, and the brand’s trust and recognition are certainly two of the biggest factors in Borgata’s online success.
Furthermore, with so many people going in and out of the casino on a daily basis, Borgata’s on-site advertising and cross-promotions are capable of reaching far more people than any other casino in AC.
Borgata was the first online gaming site in New Jersey to add Neteller to its list of payment processing options.
Party and Borgata were also among the first (along with Tropicana and its sister site VirginCasino.com) to offer Skrill as a deposit option, which the site began doing in late November of 2013.
Having these “backup” options when players found their credit card transactions denied by their bank likely contributed to helping Borgata and partypoker rise to the top of the heap.
Despite its successes, it’s unlikely Borgata’s online gaming product has reached its peak.
Unfortunately, Borgata hasn’t been able to avoid the software issues that have plagued virtually every operator in New Jersey, and the mobile app is still a work in progress, giving the company plenty of room to increase revenues.
They could also be lifted – along with all NJ operators – if credit card payment processing improves.
– Fortune Stacks: putting five cats on the reels will award you with as many as 500 credits in this brand new slot from Konami. Special features include Stacked Symbols, Wilds, and Free Spins, which are started by putting at least three Scatter symbols on the reels.
– Heart of Romance: the Pink hearts are Wild in this five-reel game and award you with a special payout multiplier during the bonus round, which can be unlocked by putting three Scattered Diamonds on the reels.
– Wonder Rose: spin five Princess symbols to get the highest payout. Three Diamond Hearts will award you with up to 20 free spins, and if that wasn’t enough, the Action Stacked Symbols will allow you to score some additional line wins.
– Irish Eyes: shamrocks, a pot of gold, and charming Irish lasses – what more could a man want? If your answer is five action-packed reels with Wilds and a Free Spins Bonus Round, you should definitely give this slot a try.
– Jacks Beanstalk: take advantage of the Upwild Feature, where magic beans on the middle reels mean free games. 25 paylines, Expanding Wilds, and a Pick Me feature, which is unlocked upon obtaining three Golden Eggs.
– Sweet Hawaii: enjoy the sun and win the progressive jackpot in this 9 payline slot from bwin’s stable. The game features a Bonus Round, but don’t expect any Scatter Symbols or Wilds.
– Wild Dodo: Dodo was a goner, but this Side City slot brought him back and put him on a Wild. Five reels, twenty pay lines, and Scatter Symbols which trigger the Free Spin Nest Bonus round.
– Steam Tower: become and unstoppable steampunk tycoon in NetEnt’s Steam Tower. This 5-reel, 15-payline video slot features Payout Multipliers, Stacked Wilds, Free Spins and a Mystery Bonus.
– China Mystery: unravel the mystery and win a jackpot worth up to 639,000 coins in this well-crafted Konami Slot. Golden Turtles are the highest paying symbol here, but you should also keep an eye out for Scatter Symbols, which can trigger a Free Spins Bonus Round.
– China Shores: this 5-reel Konami slot with a tranquil Chinese theme features Wilds, Scatter Symbols, and a Free Spins Bonus Round. Unlike most of the other video slots of this kind, China Shores has 30 paylines, which means that you’re guaranteed to score plenty of satisfying line wins here.
– Fortunes of the Dead: are you ready for the Day of the Dead? Line up your pockets by winning the Wild Bonus, the Skull Bonus, or the Free Spins Bonus. The conditions for starting each bonus round aren’t mutually exclusive, which means that you can qualify for multiple bonuses on a single spin.
– Icy Wilds: help the Ice Princess find her frozen treasures in the Icy Wilds. If you don’t leave her side too early, IGT’s trademark Expanding Wilds are guaranteed to make the reels explode with countless line wins!
– Smash the Pig: wins pay both left to right and right to left in this hilarious farm-themed slot from IGT’s stable. You will be squealing with joy when you trigger one of the two bonus rounds.
– Wild West: like all games developed by NextGen, Wild West comes with our highest recommendation. The colorfully drawn, cartoony symbols and backdrop are eye-catching and do a great job of setting this slot game apart from the pack. Symbols such whiskey bottles, cash bags, wild west saloons, and card-dealing machines are available. The downside: only 10 ways to win.
– Big Foot: this slot game from NextGen is set in a lush-green forest with a beautiful sunset visible in the background. Players can win up to 20 free games by landing at least three footprint scatters. If you’re lucky enough to spot the Big Foot symbol, which can appear on reels two through four, you’ll have a chance at up to a 10x bet multiplier. Comes with 20 paylines, free spins, and an auto-play feature.
– The Legend of Shangri-La: a slot machine developed by NetEnt and released in September 2017. Instead of standard paylines, the game uses an innovative cluster mechanism, where symbols that are vertically or horizontally adjacent to one another form a cluster. Clusters with at least nine of the exact same symbol award payouts. This Asian-themed slot features colorful graphics and symbols such as a meditating elephant, meditating chimpanzee, lotus flower, cats, butterflies, and golden fish. The backdrop is stunning, with beautifully drawn waterfalls and cherry trees. Instead of a typical Wild, a Substitution symbol in the form of a question mark can appear and transform into any other symbol to complete a winning combination. Overall, a very original and exceptionally designed slot game – highly recommended.
– The horror-themed Dr. Jekyll Goes Wild comes with symbols like the lantern, test tubes, and a haunted castle. Using the Big Bet feature allows you to win as many as 75 free spins in one go. Total of 10 paylines.